WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a file downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about a user or their computer’s browsing habits and, depending on the information they contain and how you use your computer, can be used to recognize the user. Cookies are only associated with an anonymous user and their computer or device and do not provide references that allow others to know the user’s personal data.
COOKIES AFFECTED BY THE REGULATION AND EXEMPTED COOKIES
According to the EU directive, cookies that require the user’s informed consent are analytics cookies and advertising and affiliation cookies, with the exception of those of a technical nature and those necessary for the operation of the website or the provision of services expressly requested by the user.
TYPES OF COOKIES
- a) Depending on the entity that manages them, there are first-party cookies (those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided) and third-party cookies (those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies).
- b) Depending on the time they remain active, there are session cookies (designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a webpage) and persistent cookies (in which the data is stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the cookie manager -which can range from a few minutes to several years-).
- c) According to the purpose for which they process the information they collect, they may be:
– Technical cookies (necessary for the use of the website and the provision of the contracted service),
– Personalization cookies (which allow the user to access the service with predefined characteristics, such as language, browser type, regional configuration, etc.).
– Analytics cookies (collect information on the use of the website),
– Advertising cookies (collect information about users’ preferences and personal choices),
– Affiliate cookies (allow tracking of visits from other websites with which the website establishes an affiliation contract).
TYPES OF COOKIES USED BY THIS WEBSITE
The cookies used on our website are session and third-party cookies; they allow us to store and access information related to language, type of browser used, and other general characteristics predefined by the user, as well as to track and analyze the activity carried out by the user to improve and provide our services in a more efficient and personalized way. The cookies used are, in any case, of a temporary nature, with the sole purpose of making navigation more efficient. In no case do these cookies themselves provide personal data and are not used to collect them.
– facilitates the user’s navigation and access to the different services offered by this website;
– avoids the user having to set the predefined general features each time they access the website; and
– favors the improvement of the operation and services provided via this website subsequent to the corresponding analysis of the information obtained through the cookies installed.
By accessing our website, we inform you that if you continue browsing, various third-party cookies will be installed, thus consenting to the installation of certain cookies that have the sole purpose of recording access to our website for the implementation of anonymous statistics on visits, collecting information always anonymously. It is not necessary to accept the installation of these cookies; you can still browse our website without doing so.
In various sections of our website, you can install cookies from social networks, specifically the following:
- Google+ and Google Maps cookies, indicated on their page about what type of cookies they use.
Name Type Expiration Purpose Class
You can access your browser settings at any time by accepting or rejecting all cookies or selecting those which installation is allowed and those which are not by following one of the following procedures, depending on the browser you use:
Google Chrome (in the Tools Menu):
Settings > Show advanced options > Privacy (Content settings) > Cookies:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (in the Tools Menu):
Internet Options > Privacy > Advanced:
Options > Privacy > Cookies:
Safari, iPad and iPhone:
Preferences > Privacy
Settings > Options > Advanced > Cookies
These browsers are subject to updates or modifications; consequently, we cannot guarantee that they will be completely adapted to the version of your browser. It may also be that you are using another browser not covered by these links, such as Konqueror, Arora, Flock, etc. To avoid these mismatches, you can access them directly from your browser options, usually in the “Options” menu in the “Privacy” section. (Please consult your browser’s help section for more information).
Disabling/enabling AND deleting cookies
To restrict or block cookies, this can be done through your browser settings.
If you do not want websites to place any cookies on your computer, you can adjust your browser settings so that you are notified before any cookies are inserted. Similarly, you can adjust your browser settings to refuse all cookies, or only third-party cookies. You can also delete any cookies that are already on your computer. Please note that you will need to adjust the settings separately for each browser and computer you use.
Please note that if you do not wish to receive cookies, we can no longer guarantee that our website will function properly. Some site functionality may be lost, and you may no longer be able to view certain websites. Also, rejecting cookies does not mean you will no longer see advertisements. Advertisements will simply not be tailored to your interests and will be repeated more frequently.
Each browser has a different method of adjusting its settings. Consult the browser’s help section to set the correct settings if necessary.
To disable cookies on your cell phone, please refer to your device’s manual for more information.
You can learn more about cookies online at http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
Considering the way in which the Internet and websites work, we do not always have information on cookies inserted by third parties via our website. This especially applies to cases where our webpage contains what are called embedded elements: text, documents, images, or short movies that are stored elsewhere but are displayed on or via our website.
Therefore, should you encounter such cookies on this website, and they are not listed above, please let us know. Alternatively, please contact the third party directly to request information about the cookies they insert, the purpose and duration of the cookie, and the guarantee of your privacy.